Sunday, May 27, 2012

Learn to Laugh



The next time you are tempted to groan try to laugh! What wonderful advice. Just thinking about it I know I would be angry and upset less if I tried laughing at life more.

Take this situation for example:


The husband had a wonderful date idea of going to the DI and picking out silly outfits for each other, followed by going to dinner all dressed up. I was totally game until I saw what he picked out for me. I was mortified by the ugly organge moo-moo and mis-matching red jacket. Out of despite I picked out the nice yellow pants you see. Ha. Well we went home and got all dressed up. On our way out the door our neighbors walked out at the same time. I made eye contact with them and sprinted down the stairs and out to the car! I was completely humiliated they saw my ridiculous outfit. I was so embarrassed that I started to cry, and our date turned into going through a drive thru instead of fine dinning. I wish I could take it back and just laugh when my neighbors saw me. I mean really it is funny! I know they were not judging me, but probably thought we were a fun couple.  There is no reason for me to run and cry, I should laugh it up instead. Much harder said than done. However, wouldn't you rather be laughing and smiling than upset at how the dishes were done poorly or the clothes folded wrong.

Try laughing today, choosing to be happy! :)

Shine on
-BreE

No comments:

Post a Comment